How will this editorial calendar template help me and my business?
The pressures to publish engaging, timely content have never been higher, yet managing the workflow for this is really challenging.
As we explain in the Content Marketing Strategy Guide, an editorial calendar is essential to help develop a plan to create content which both engages your audience and supports your content marketing aims.
This template will give you more control over your content marketing approach to help:
- Provide consistency and quality in your content - content quality is key to making your brand engaging.
- Align the team - anyone involved in the research/creation/publishing/interaction processes for content marketing.
- Give a framework and process to plan and manage the creation of content - structure means to control and less of a last-minute approach.
- Enforce accountability - specifies who does what and when?
This template is for anyone who wants more control over their content marketing approach to help provide consistency and quality in your content and align their team. It gives you a framework and process to plan and manage the creation of content:
- Content marketing managers and marketing campaign managers
- Marketing managers and digital marketing managers
There are different Excel worksheets showing examples and blank versions for managing your content publishing:
- Read Me: For configuring content themes and team members (if relevant)
- Operational calendar: Used for managing the creation of major content assets across each quarter or a year
- Timeline calendar: Recommended – a visual view of when different content needs to go live within a campaign
- Content themes calendar: Quick, simple ways to ideate for scheduling content for blog posts or social media updates
- Review content ideas: Examples of how to brainstorm and set monthly/weekly content themes and ideas for topics
- Profile examples: How to map content to different audience profiles
- Repurposing examples for B2B: Two visuals to encourage repurposing of content
The spreadsheet helps you set up content publishing for different campaigns to make it quicker to plan the resources needed for:
- Content types and hooks to engage your audience
- Managing different content themes – easily selectable by a dropdown
- Integration of content with campaigns and product launches
- Publication deadline and status
- Content editors and originators – easily selectable by a dropdown
If you are interested to purchase and download the Editorial Calendar Spreadsheet, please click here.